A call for rallies by Mousavi and Karoubi is likely to raise the stakes in an already very tense situation as labor groups organize to protest their conditions in Iran.
After launching a behind-the-scenes campaign to block Iran’s election to the U.N.’s Human Right’s Council, Obama celebrates as Iran withdraws its candidacy, a victory for human rights efforts in Iran.
Evidence is mounting that Kim Jong Il is losing the propaganda war inside North Korea, with more than half the population now listening to foreign news, grassroots cynicism undercutting state myths, and discontent rising even among elites
04/15/10: Selected Headlines from Iran –
- Former President Khatami banned from leaving country
- Daimler pulls out of Iran over politics
- Labor strikes, continued unrest, and protests disrupt the status quo
- Riot halts execution of prisoner
Bill’s first contribution to Dissected News discusses the Wikileaks release of a video depicting an apache helicopter killing two Reuters journalists in Iraq.
A brief update on the crimes of the Islamic Republic of Iran against its own people: April 6, 2010
Labor strikes, new arrests, reckless killing…
- James Miller (EA Worldview) We'll have to submit this for more review, but not
- James Miller (EA Worldview) This looks like a bomb, and the audio might make a
- James Miller (EA Worldview) Notice how the jet can barely be heard as it flies
- James Miller (EA Worldview) For reference - this jet, seen clearly above East
- James Miller (EA Worldview) Storyful's analysis is here http://storify.com/fel