James Miller, Scott Lucas, and the correspondents of EA Worldview bring you the latest news from Arab Spring, the Middle East, North Africa, and Beyond. Updated Most Days
- Syria, Egypt (and Beyond) LiveBlog: Hello to Ramadan, Hello to Turmoil - UN closer to condemning Syria, funerals for protesters held, Assad tries to voer up atrocities.
- The Latest from Iran (2 August): Khamenei’s Balancing Act on “Hooligan” MPs and Ahmadinejad - Iran’s Supreme Leader tries to save the hardliners from themselves
- Syria (and Beyond) LiveBlog: The Regime’s Deadly Gamble - Massacre in Syria, Violence erupts in Egypt, Libyan Freedom Fighters advance.
- The Latest from Iran (1 August): Brain Drain and a “Brain Tumour” - Iran bleeds expertise, and Ahmadinejad’s aids bleed support
- Libya, Syria (and Beyond) LiveBlog: The Opposition’s Military Commander is Assassinated - Assassination in Benghazi, unprecedented protests in Damascus.
- The Latest from Iran (28 July): An Opposition Move on the Elections? - Reformists look to elections, Ahmadinejad looks to Khomeini
- Libya, Syria (and Beyond) LiveBlog: “No Talks” - Gaddafi won’t negotiate, Syrian raid near Damascus kills 11, Libyan rebels free prisoners in raid.
- The Latest from Iran (27 July): Foreign Manoeuvres - The opposition makes new demands, Russia debates Iran’s nuclear program.
- Syria (and Beyond) LiveBlog: The Night Protests Continue - Concessions from the Assad regime? New challenges for the Libyan rebels.
- The Latest from Iran (25 July): A Glimpse of Political Prisoners - Confusion mounts over the death of a scientist, inflation woes and disunity among the hardliners grows
- Syria (and Beyond) LiveBlog: Critical Mass? - Watching the repercussions of yesterdays protests in Syria, Egyptians march on SCAF.
- The Latest from Iran (23 July): A Furlough in Repression - Sentences extended, censorship defended, and the President rages against the “elites”
- Syria (and Beyond) LiveBlog: Meanwhile in Bahrain… - Massive crowds in Syria, despite violence? National dialogue in Bahrain? Protests banned in Saudi Arabia?
- The Latest from Iran (22 July): Ahmadinejad Ready for Nuclear Talks? - Splits among the hardliners growing?
- Syria (and Beyond) LiveBlog: Can the Regime “Lose” Homs? - The Syrian army attacks civilians in Homs, the clock ticks for Gaddafi’s reign.
- The Latest from Iran (21 July): Stand By Your (Supreme) Man - A Former President meets with the families of reformists under house arrest.
- Syria, Libya (and Beyond) LiveBlog: “Death Squads”? - Syrian security kills mourners at a funeral in Homs as troops close in on Damascus.
- Syria, Libya (and Beyond) LiveBlog: “Death Squads”? - The regime Watches the Reformists/Greens, Stands by the Supreme Leader
- Syria (and Beyond) LiveBlog: The Competition of Rallies - Syria inching towards sectarian civil war? Yemen, Bahrain, and Syria seeking national dialog? Libyan rebels close to capturing Brega?
- The Latest from Iran (18 July): Remembering Protest, Remembering the Victims - Oil problems, political posturing, and clashes with the Kurds
- Syria, Egypt (and Beyond) LiveBlog: Protest Friday - Hundreds of thousands in the streets of Hama, Syria, while Egypt and Yemen rage.
- Latest Syria Videos: The “No Dialogue” Protests – Set 1 and Set 2
- The Latest from Iran (8 July): Manoeuvring for the Elections - The regime continues to spin as internal division threatens the conservatives.
- Libya, Syria (and Beyond) LiveBlog: Insurgents Advance, Resistance Continues - The Libyan rebels plan the next move after making several unexpected advances yesterday, and tensions rise in the region as another Friday approaches.
- Latest Syria Video: The Hama Resistance - Our vlog starts off with night protests in Syria.
- The Latest from Iran (7 July): A Model for Others? - The Revolutionary Guard Corps debates whether it should play politics.
- Syria (and Beyond) LiveBlog: The Regime’s Dilemma in Hama - Arrests in Syria, gunfire in Yemen, and the rebels advance in Libya.
- The Latest from Iran (6 July): Revolutionary Guards Do Politics - Ahmadinejad backing down from his attacks on the Revolutionary Guard?
- Syria (and Beyond) LiveBlog: The Regime v. People with Rocks - At least 13 are killed in Syria as the regime closes in on Hama.
- The Latest from Iran (5 July): The Supreme Leader’s Message “Everyone Back Off” - The Supreme Leader asks for calm as parliament asks for answers from President Ahmadinejad.