The Iranian regime, infamous for its lack of political freedoms, has opened another chapter in its oppression of its own people. Stephen Colbert has this report:
Two years ago today the Iranians took to the polls, and when that didn’t work they took to the streets. Our coverage of today’s protests…
Charlie Chaplin delivers a message to the people of Tunisia, Egypt, Bahrain, Oman, Morocco, Yemen, Iraq, Sudan, Algeria, Iran, Jordan, Somalia, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, and everyone who desires nothing more than freedom, human dignity, and peace.
Barack Obama sent a Nowrouz message to the Iranian people. What was remarkable about this speech? its focus on human rights and its lack of the word “nuclear.”
While DN is on the road, we will be making sporadic updates on some relatively low key protests in Iran.
With reformist leaders Mousavi and Karroubi locked in prison, the opposition is taking to the streets to prove that they cannot be silenced.
Clinton: This is a “seminal moment,” a “test of our ability to…advance the goals that (HRC) represents.
- James Miller (EA Worldview) We'll have to submit this for more review, but not
- James Miller (EA Worldview) This looks like a bomb, and the audio might make a
- James Miller (EA Worldview) Notice how the jet can barely be heard as it flies
- James Miller (EA Worldview) For reference - this jet, seen clearly above East
- James Miller (EA Worldview) Storyful's analysis is here http://storify.com/fel