Expect Petraeus to use his new position to build bridges with pro-democracy movements, and expect the US to back more opposition movements soon.
Tunisia & Egypt have changed the face of foreign policy, developed over 60 years, in a matter of 60 days, & Obama is struggling to change fast enough.
EA Analysis: The Limits of Military Power (Miller) – Former U.S. Army Colonel Andrew Bacevich challenges traditional notions about the role of the U.S. military in the world.
A quiet war in northern Iraq – U.S. permits the shelling of Kurdistan by Turkey and Iran; Turkey, Iran, and Saudi Arabia vie for power in Iraq.
Wikileaks shows that the voices of dissent on places like Afghanistan are not being heard because of flaws in the intelligence community and mainstream media.
What Sarah Palin and the neo-conservatives get wrong about Islam, foreign policy, and America’s role in the world. I “repudiate/refute” Palin’s now infamous Tweet.
Part 1: The False Western Dichotomy on Regime Change in the Middle East Historians are starting to change [...]
I’ll be honest, I’m terribly conflicted about Afghanistan.As far as I’m concerned, George Bush was planning to invade [...]
- James Miller (EA Worldview) We'll have to submit this for more review, but not
- James Miller (EA Worldview) This looks like a bomb, and the audio might make a
- James Miller (EA Worldview) Notice how the jet can barely be heard as it flies
- James Miller (EA Worldview) For reference - this jet, seen clearly above East
- James Miller (EA Worldview) Storyful's analysis is here http://storify.com/fel